Garbhakranti vitamin B6 [ pyridoxine ] rich food during pregnancy :
- Pyridoxine [vitamin B6] helps in proper metabolism and provides nourishment to me and my dream baby.
Pyridoxine [vitamin B6] rich food :
- Wheat increases vitality.
- Wheat is a rich source of vitamin B1, B3 & B6; hence it helps in proper metabolism & provides nourishment to me & my dream baby.
- Chapattis which contain whole wheat are very nutritious.
- In white bread, many nutrients from wheat are lost.
- Even brown bread which is supposed to be nutritious has fewer nutrients as compared to whole wheat.
- Maida [refined wheat flour without fibre] which is commonly used in many recipes is less on nutrition as compared to whole wheat.
- I should avoid white bread, brown bread and Maida.
- I should prefer whole wheat recipes.
Red gram :
- Red gram is rich in vitamin B1 & B6.
- It helps in proper metabolism and provides nourishment to me and my dream baby.
- Red gram is rich in folic acid.
- Folic acid helps in brain development of my dream baby.
- Red gram is rich in proteins.
- It helps in muscle building & provides nourishment to me and my dream baby.
- I should eat red gram carefully as it increases acidity.
- I can mix red gram with green gram to overcome acidity problem.
- Rice is an excellent food source.
- It is low in fat.
- It is high in starchy carbohydrates.
- Rice is easy to digest.
- According to Ayurveda rice increases vitality & vigour because it is Vrushya.
- Rice helps in urination and helps me in having normal urination.
- Rice + Pulse + Cow`s Ghee + Lime [Carbohydrates + Proteins + Agnivardhan + Vitamin C] is a very nutritious combination.
- Parboiled rice has lots of nutrients.
- Soup of parboiled rice is a very nutritious recipe.
Rice has following layers :
- Bran contains B complex vitamins
- White rice
- When paddy Rice is dehusked [husk layer is removed], brown rice is formed.
- When the bran layer of brown rice is removed, then white rice is formed.
- As the bran layer contains B Vitamins , the vitamins get removed during milling process.
Why is parboiled rice nutritious ?
- Parboiling is a process in which after removal of husk, parboiling is done.
- Process of parboiling helps in entry of vitamin B group which are present in the bran layer into the white rice ; hence when the bran layer is removed in parboiled rice during milling, still the rice is nutritious and rich in B vitamins.