Preconception [ before pregnancy ] body preparation for the couple :
But what exactly is……
“ Garbhakranti preconception preparation of body ” ?
- The child will pay the price of the parent`s ignorance , weaknesses & greed [for unhealthy things] and in general , the mistakes they make.
- Toxins / Dosha accumulate in the body due to wrong lifestyle & diet.
- This affects the formation of ovum and sperms badly.
As per Ayurveda , following things lead to formation of toxins in body…….
- irregular eating hours.
- mental & physical stress.
- late nights working hours.
- fast food / junk food.
- oily food.
- spicy food.
- salty food.
- aerated drinks.
- cold drinks.
- excess fermented food.
- excess sour food.
- food containing excess preservatives.
- To remove these accumulated Dosha/toxins from the body, I will follow the Garbhakranti preconception preparation.
- My husband will also follow the same, so that we will ensure our dream baby:
“ Garbhakranti preconception preparation of body ” consists
- Poorvakarma like……
- Snehan – oleation with medicated oils
- Swedan – fomentation with medicated steam
- Panchakarma like……
- Garbhakranti preconception diet
- Process of Snehan , Swedan , Vaman , Virechan , Basti should be done by a qualified doctor with knowledge in the field and should not be done at home.
- Poorvakarma [ Snehan & Swedan ] and Panchakarma [ Vaman , Virechan , Basti ] should be done starting 3 months before the couple plans to have a child .
- Poorvakarma [ Snehan & Swedan ] and Panchakarma [ Vaman , Virechan , Basti ] should not be done on pregnant woman.
What is Poorvakarma & why is it necessary ?
- If you try to bend a dry stick, it will probably break but not bend.
- On the contrary if we massage the same with oil, it can bend easily.
- The same principle applies while doing Panchakarma on the body.
- It means that the flared up Dosha / toxins in the body are brought into stomach / large intestine / nose or sinuses with Poorvakarma.
- They are thrown away from the body with Panchakarma.
How do the Dosha come from all the body parts to the GIT [ gastrointestinal tract / stomach ] /nose in Snehan and Swedan ?
- Our body consists of many blood vessels.
- Blood vessels are necessary for the circulation of different elements of the body which take place through blood.
- When Snehan is performed on the body, the medicinal oil penetrates through the skin pores into the different parts of the body.
- The Dosha are attached in a microscopic manner to the blood vessels walls.
- Snehan ensures detachment of these Dosha from the vessels into the blood.
- Swedan helps in mobilisation of Dosha / toxins from various parts of the body to get into the Ashaya like stomach / large intestine / nose etc.
- Swedan leads to dilatation of skin pores and aids in the dilatation of blood vessels and the removal of Dosha.
- The Dosha enter the GIT / nose or the sinuses from the blood and are removed by Panchakarma.
How do Snehan & Swedan actually act on the body ?
- Snehan means oleation of body externally with medicated oils / ghee.
- It helps in detachment of Dosha / toxins from various parts of the body.
- Swedan means fomentation of body with medicated steam.
- In this process, a decoction of medicinal herbs is prepared and the body is fomented with steam of the same.
- Swedan helps in mobilisation of Dosha / toxins from various parts of the body into various Ashaya like stomach, large Intestine, nose, sinuses, and blood vessels.
- From Ashaya , Dosha/ toxins go out of the body with help of Panchakarma like…..
- The heat of the steam also dilates the skin pores and the person sweats. This removes heaviness, malaise, laziness from the body.
- Literature has given an excellent example of how Dosha are detached from the vessel.
- If we apply oil to a vessel from inside & then pour water inside, then while pouring the water out, the whole of the water is removed.
- Similarly in Snehan, the Dosha are removed from the body and transferred to the GIT/ nose / sinuses / blood vessels.
What is the exact difference between the massage & steam / sauna bath which is given in the fitness centre and the Ayurvedic Snehan / Swedan ?
- In the ordinary massage given in the fitness centre, ordinary oils are used.
- But in Ayurvedic Snehan , medicinal oils / Ghee are being used.
- Similarly the purpose in steam / sauna bath is to generate only steam which leads to sweating.
- In Ayurvedic Swedan various medicinal decoctions are used hence the steam is medicinal steam.
- Thus in Ayurvedic Snehan & Swedan for the prevention of health of a person, medicinal massage or steam are being used & hence it is more beneficial.
What is Vaman ?
- The process of collecting the Dosha from the upper parts of the body into the stomach & then removing it from the body by giving medicines to vomit it out is called as Vaman.
- The medicines of Vaman have effect on the whole body.
- Vaman is particularly beneficial in people with predominance of Kapha Dosha.
- Process of Vaman should be done by a qualified doctor with knowledge in the field and should not be done at home.
What is Virechan ?
- The process of removal of Dosha of the body from the anal route is called as Virechan.
- It is beneficial in people with predominance of Pitta Dosha.
- Process of Virechan should be done by a qualified doctor with knowledge in the field and should not be done at home.
What is Basti ?
- It means actually Pitta & Kapha Dosha is dependent on Vata Dosha ; hence with vitiation of Vata Dosha ; Pitta , Kapha & Rakta Dosha get affected.
- To get rid of this situation, Basti is very useful.
- Basti is very useful in people with predominance of Vata mainly.
- In Basti, medicated oils and medicated decoctions are administered through the anal route to remove toxins.
- Process of Basti should be done by a qualified doctor with knowledge in the field and should not be done at home.
Visualise my dream baby !
- Thus after Poorvakarma & Panchakarma my body is ready for pregnancy, now I should start Garbhakranti preconception diet for me and for my husband.
- This diet will nourish me and my husband for my dream baby.
- Simultaneously, we must visualise our dream baby.
- As per Ayurveda, to realise our dream baby, the first step is that we must think, visualise accordingly.
- There are 3 situations when mother`s thoughts , behaviour , lifestyle have maximum impact on the baby,………
- when the ovum is being formed.
- when the baby is in the womb of the mother.
- when the mother is breastfeeding the baby.
- My dream baby is possible if I create in my mind the visual of my dream baby.
- It is said that out of all our sense organs the impact of the visual on the mind is the highest.
- Hence I myself and my husband together will create the image of our dream baby. Draw the image, colour it.
- Keep this image in front of our eyes all throughout the pregnancy.
- We will sense and touch our dream baby & talk with our dream baby.