Garbhakranti milk & milk products :
Cow’s milk :
- Milk is recommended by Ayurveda in preconception diet [diet before pregnancy] as milk increases vitality.
- It helps in Shukra Dhatu growth and helps in forming good quality ovum.
- It helps in Shukra Dhatu growth & helps in formation of good quality sperms.
- I must have 1 glass of milk everyday during nine months of pregnancy.
- It helps in growth of my dream baby.
- Milk is a good source of vitamins & minerals like calcium; hence it strengthens my bones & my dream baby`s bones.
- It has good quality proteins; hence milk helps in muscle building & provides nourishment to me and my dream baby.
- As per Ayurveda , milk improves my skin complexion.
- Milk provides nourishment to my brain.
- As per Ayurveda, curd helps to increase my appetite.
- As recommended in Ayurveda, I should eat curd in moderate quantity as it is heavy to digest.
- It should be taken preferably during the day, with lunch and not in night.
- Sweet curd is preferable as compared to sour curd.
- Buttermilk is considered as the Amrut of earth and is not available even in heaven [ Takram Shakrasya Durlabhaha ! ]
- Equal quantity of water is added to curd and churned well, is called the butter milk. A small pinch of salt and black pepper is added for taste.
- As per Ayurveda, buttermilk is bowel friendly.
- It helps to increase appetite.
- According to Ayurveda , buttermilk eliminates toxins from body.
- I should have 1 glass of buttermilk every day after lunch.
Loni [Home made butter] :
- As per Ayurveda, Loni gives nourishment to my dream baby in pregnancy.
- It increases strength.
- It improves my skin complexion.
- It helps to increase my appetite.
- According to Ayurveda, Loni helps to improve Dhi [intelligence].
- It increases vitality.
- I should make Loni a part of my preconception diet.
- I should make Loni a part of my pregnancy diet.
Cow’s milk ghee :
- Goghruta means cow`s milk ghee.
- Being aphrodisiac it is recommended by Ayurveda in pre conception diet, as it increases vitality.
- According to Ayurveda, Goghruta increases Oja and Shukra; hence it boosts my immunity [resistance power].
- It helps in good growth of my dream baby by Rasa Dhatu Poshan which means nourishment.
- As per Ayurveda, it is recommended to consume Goghruta throughout all 9 months of pregnancy in moderate quantity.
- Goghruta helps to increase intelligence–Dhi.
- It refines the intellect-Buddhi.
- It helps to improve memory – Smruti.
- It improves skin complexion.
- It helps to build an aura.
- Goghruta alleviates Pitta and Vata & is beneficial for Rasa, semen & Ojas.
- Cow`s milk ghee is cooling, softening.
- It improves voice.
Procedure to prepare cow`s ghee :
- I will remove the cream of milk everyday till a sufficient amount of cream accumulates.
- Then I will mix this cream in small amount of curd and keep it overnight.
- Next day, I will churn [manthan sanskar] the curd so that the cream comes to surface.
- This process will be repeated again and again till the cream is thick.
- This thick cream is Loni. [This is home made butter].
- This Loni will be removed and it will be heated on a slow flame.
- Heating will liquefy Loni and cow`s milk ghee will be formed.