Garbhakranti Pranayama in pregnancy :
- Pranayama is not only helpful in pregnancy but is a gift given by Ayurveda to human race for a long life.
- Yogasana work more on the physical part of body but Pranayama works more on the mind & soul .
- In simple terms , Pranayama is practice of complete, prolonged & slow breathing.
- In nature, it is observed that the life span of the beings is inversely proportional to the number of breaths taken in a minute.
- Tortoises which take around 5 breaths in a minute have the longest life. While pigeons take 34 breaths in a minute and have a short life.
- It is a surprising fact that usually, we do not take complete breath; hence we do not utilize the capacity of our lungs to the fullest.
- Breathing techniques recommended in Yoga [Pranayama] provide extra oxygen to every cell which energises & rejuvenates them.
- Pranayama is very important during pregnancy for my dream baby`s development; hence Pranayama should be practiced everyday to have an excellent progeny.
- Pranayama also releases positive hormones in the body which calm my mind and provide me mental peace. This also helps my dream baby’s growth.
- I should follow Pranayama throughout my pregnancy.
- Pranayama helps me in normal delivery.
- Doing Pranayama everyday takes just 10- 15 minutes of my time and I must devote that time to have my dream baby.
- Usually, we do not take complete breath.
- While lying, standing or sitting I will do deep & complete breathing.
Benefits of Pranayama :
- Pranayama gives me mental strength , calmness of mind , glow on face , happiness .
- Negative thoughts disappear from my mind and my mind gets filled up with positive thoughts.
- My body gets plenty of oxygen which energises and rejuvenates my body.
What is complete or deep breathing ?
- When I take my breath slowly & for prolonged interval , my lungs open up more & more & they get filled up with more and more oxygen [Purak].
- More the oxygen I take, better it is for me and my dream baby.
- I should hold this breath for as much time as possible [Kumbhak] and not breathe out immediately. Thus lungs get more time duration for the exchange of oxygen into blood and CO 2 [carbon dioxide] into lungs.
- When I breathe out slowly and completely [Rechak] , then my lungs give away CO2 more completely & I take more oxygen in my next breath.
- Only those Pranayama given here should be practiced as all types of Pranayama are not recommended in pregnancy.
- Saying prayer to almighty [ as per the religion ] after taking bath ; helps to calm the mind and provides mental peace.
- Prayer releases positive hormones which help my body & mind & my dream baby.
- Even in the evening , after a day`s work ; I should say prayer which helps me calm my mind and tackle the everyday problems better.
Pranakarshan in pregnancy :
- Pranakarshan means Akarshana of Prana [ concentrating on one’s soul ] .
- The mind keeps on wandering to all the places and I get distracted and disturbed.
- Pranakarshana involves in closing the eyes to shut myself from external disturbances .
- Concentrating my mind only on my breathing and my soul .
How should I do Pranakarshan ?
- I will sit in Sukhasana.
- My spine should be in erect posture.
- I will keep my hands on knees.
- I will close eyes and take a deep breath.
- I will concentrate only on my breath.
- I will try to prolong my breathing in for as long time as I am comfortable.
- Now I will try to hold my breath for as long time as possible.
- Then I will breathe out slowly concentrating only on my breath.
- I will do this for at least 15 minutes every day.
- This is called as Pranakarshan.
How does Pranakarshan help me ?
- Pranakarshan gives great mental relaxation.
- My lungs open up and take more oxygen during Pranakarshan.
- Thus Pranakarshan provides more oxygen to my whole body & brain. The carbon dioxide is thrown out from my lungs.
- The oxygen that I breathe gets transferred to my dream baby.
- Thus Pranakarshan gives more oxygen to my dream baby.
- Pranakarshan provides immense positive strength to my mind and body.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama :
- As per Ayurveda , left nostril is supposed to represent moon and is cool like moon .
- Right nostril is supposed to represent the Sun and is hot like Sun.
- When we breathe , there should be a balancing of breathing from both the nostrils.
How should I do Anulom Vilom Pranayama ?
- I will close my right nostril with thumb as shown and breathe in [inhale] air from the left nostril very slowly.
- With closing left nostril , I will try to hold my breath , till I am comfortable.
- Now I will release the right nostril & breathe out [exhale] the air from the right nostril very slowly.
- While closing my left nostril with two fingers as shown I will breathe in [inhale] air from the right nostril very slowly.
- With closing right nostril I will try to hold my breath , till I am comfortable.
- Now I will release the left nostril & breathe out [exhale] the air from the left nostril very slowly.
- I will repeat this again for 5 times.
- I will do this for 5 minutes every day.
How does Anulom Vilom Pranayama help me ?
- Anulom Vilom Pranayama strengthens my body mentally & physically.
- During labour, holding of breath for maximum duration can provide me great help to push my dream baby down & have a normal delivery.
- Anulom Vilom Pranayama purifies my nerves.
- This Pranayama gives great mental relaxation.
- My lungs open up and take more oxygen during Anulom Vilom Pranayama.
- Thus it provides more oxygen to my whole body & brain. The carbon dioxide is thrown out from my lungs.
- The oxygen that I breathe gets transferred to my dream baby.
- Thus Anulom Vilom Pranayama gives more oxygen to my dream baby.
- This Pranayama provides immense positive strength to my mind and body.
Dhyan [ AUMkar ] in pregnancy :
- Aumkar is recommended on a scientific basis to help in normal pregnancy & normal delivery and not on any religious basis.
- As per Ayurveda , there are 5 types of Vayu in our body.
- They are Prana Vayu , Udan Vayu , Saman Vayu , Vyan Vayu & Apan Vayu .
- Prana Vayu is responsible for the Prana Shakti [ chetana ] & many functions in me.
- Udan Vayu is in the upper part of body from neck onwards and is responsible for actual speech.
- Saman Vayu is in upper digestive tract & causes Agnivardhan . digestion etc.
- Vyan Vayu is responsible for circulation and is present in the whole body.
- Apan Vayu is responsible for functions of reproductive tract and lower part of intestine.
- There are 3 types of Vani [ speech ] in me.
- They are Para Vani , Pashyanti Vani and Vaikhari Vani.
- Para Vani comes from the place of Saman Vayu [ umbilicus] .
- Pashyanti Vani comes from the place of Vyan vayu place of heart[ Urapradesh / chest ] .
- Vaikhari Vani comes from the place of larynx [ Udan Vayu ] .
- In Aumkar , actual depth of the resonance of Aum comes from Para Vani , Pashyanti Vani and Vaikhari Vani.
- This process of Aum has tremendous positive impact on my physical as well as mental wellness.
How should I do AUMkar ?
- I will practice AUMkar every day.
- I will take a very deep breath [ Purak ].
- Then I will start breathing out [Rechak] and say O….. slowly and then exhale simultaneously.
- After reaching half breathing out, I will say um…… slowly.
- After finishing AUM, I will take a long deep breath again slowly.
- I will repeat the same again.
- I will do AUMkar everyday for 15 minutes.
How does AUMkar help me ?
- The process of Aum has tremendous positive impact on my physical as well as mental wellness.
- AUMkar helps in giving mental strength and relaxation.
- AUMkar helps in normal delivery as during delivery to push my dream baby holding the breath is very important.
- AUMkar gives more oxygen to me and my dream baby.
- It is been seen that my dream baby likes sounds which resonate and sounds which have rhythm.
Mantra in pregnancy :
Dhata Twam Dadhatu Vidhata Twam Dadhatu
Brahmavarchasa Bhaveti !!
- My dream baby can listen to me and my dream baby learns the best when it is in my tummy as concentration is the best.
- I must talk to my dream baby every day.
- This is a mantra which will help me in the good development of my dream baby.
- I must recite this mantra every day.
Dear dream baby,
- You are like the Sun which gives light to the whole world !
- You are our life !
- You are our prestige !
- Let almighty protect you !
- Let you get all the divine qualities !
- Almighty we pray to you to confer all your divine qualities on our dream baby !